Jun 14, 2013

MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 review

Oh how I love these days in Bangalore, the skies laden with rain clouds, cool wind, the weekend urge in heart to travel somewhere nearby and my skin enjoying good days, all thanks to nature. Summer and monsoon are the times when I do not wish to slather on the foundation, powder and what not to the skin. It feels clogged and certainly does not enjoy those heavy layers. There comes the MAC Studio Moisture Tint to the rescue. Confessing the truth here, I am loyal to MAC Studio range, which has some quality products and have always worked for me. MAC Studio Moisture Tint has SPF 15 and comes in shade range suitable for Indian skin tones.

Quantity - 40 ml
Price - INR 1800
Shade - Medium Dark



As claimed on website,  A light, tinted moisturiser with SPF 15 and other skin-nourishing ingredients. An easy one-step finish specially suited for the season, this sheer tint provides just enough coverage to even out the skintone while creating a flawless protected, softly moisturised finish. Suitable for all skintones.

Since my skin needs moisture all year round, I picked this product for being 2-in-1 (moisture + tint). I just have to apply sunscreen underneath and use this tint to even out the skin tone on the outer sides of face - around the mouth, sides of nose, around eyes, side of cheeks and nearby hairline. I use it on days when my skin behaves well and is naturally bright. Studio Moisture Tint is apt to conceal the flaws here and there and still be light in finish.



It is creamy in texture but not oily, and the shade Medium is warm, well matched for my skin in summers (tends to get tanned). It works well as a tint with sheer coverage (do not expect to work it as foundation) and provides light hydration. MAC could have worked upon this area, as tinted moisturiser should be completely hydrating on its own. On bad skin days, it does not cut the usual step of using moisturiser as my skin is quite dry. Also this makes it unsuitable for winters, when it just sits on top of dry skin refusing to blend. The SPF is low for summers so sunscreen is unavoidable, but SPF 15 would do well for winters. The tint can conceal minor pigmentation / blemishes / dark spots as you can see in the blended swatch below. Also it soothes the redness of my sensitive skin.



On application, the tint feels cream like, but blends fast and does not leave any white cast. I apply it with fingers in dotted pattern on the required areas and move fingers towards the outer side to let it absorb. It sets somewhere near matte finish but no patches and I do not require to set it with powder unless more coverage - longevity is needed. The wear time of the tint alone is somewhere around 5-6 hours. However this is not water or sweat resistant. Studio Moisture Tint comes in tube packaging which is travel friendly and sturdy. What puts me off is the smell, which is bit plastic / rubber like, really needs to be worked upon. With all its pro and cons, I love its coverage and perfect shade.

Recommendation - Ignoring the smelly part, I would repurchase this for its concealing ability, light finish and comfortable wear. More suitable in daytime. It is a handy product in summers when one is in rush, does not want to spend much time and also the price is OK compared to the latest BB creams offered by Chanel, Dior, etc. I would be happy to explore the BB / tints by Pond's, Garnier Maybelline and Shiseido.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment here