Oct 17, 2013

MAC Party Line cremesheen lipstick review

Fall season, noir lips, hot chai and chocolate truffles. That would be my idea of holidays in Parisian land. Dabbling with the dark lip trend for 2013, I got Party Line lipstick through Back to MAC. To choose a lipstick is confusing as I wish to get a new color, good finish and long lasting. I thought of getting either a pink or maroon or some dark shade. Party Line looked good on my skin tone and I liked the berry hints in it. MAC describes it as red toned plum on website, however the red is lost on my warm complexion.


Party Line is from deep red family of MAC cremesheen range. I would say the color is burgundy mixed with red and brown. The lipstick is very glossy when applied, covers with opaque color and hydrating. The shade is vampy and appears deep wine at night. Its a proper wine color in  my opinion. I have completely fallen for Party Line this season. Its bold, its deep and its warm, the perfect combination for cooler months. I would take the liberty to say that the color can look flattering across all skin tones, only the intensity would differ. Also with the right amount of maroon in it, this could be the elegant color to wear in weddings all year round for our Indian beauties.



However, Party Line is not a young and fun color, its mature and safe. I do feel that Chanel makes the best dark lipsticks but MAC has churned out this beautiful shade. Party Line could be a cross between Chanel Rivoli and Rouge Noir, here is a Cafemakeup blog swatch to compare.


Recommendation - Pair it with translucent skin, elongated lower lash line set with black kohl and loadsa mascara. Party Line works true magic at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment here